There is some serious stuff going on in the world, and in our own country. Please take some time out from whatever you are doing and implore God to have mercy on:
* The doctors, aid workers, researchers, and policy makers who are working to get ahead of the Ebola Outbreak. Cry out to God for the 1,000s who are sick and dying, and for their loved ones.
* Iraq. The Yazidis, Christians, and other minorities targeted by ISIS. Pray for ISIS soldiers and leaders as well. Our battle is not against flesh and blood.
* For justice in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting. Not just retributive justice, but for the presence of peace and fairness. Racism is a terrible sin, and it burns underneath the surface of our country. Pray for the frustrated and disenfranchised who have no voice. Pray the powerful will have new hearts. Pray for justice.
* For God’s Kingdom to come, and his will to be done, here on earth as it is in heaven: Ukraine, Sudan, the Gaza strip… lift up world leaders, the poor, the victims, the perpetrators. Chris
We recently moved to a new, more user-friendly system.
From now on, you’ll be able to sign up for a one-time or scheduled giving, update it yourself, and see donation history with ease.
To start giving:
1. Click the Give Online button below
2. Select “Sign Up!” (or if you already have, then log in)
3. Confirm your account by checking your email and selecting the link
4. Enter your information and select “Save and create account”
5. Select “Your Giving”
Herrera, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic… that’s the destination of a last minute team from Everyday Church. We’re going to assist with some urgent projects at the school we’re partnering with in that neighborhood. The school has about 450 students, as well as teachers and administrators, in a severely poor area of the city.
After visiting in January, the Everyday Church Global Outreach Team selected this school as our initial focus for ministry in the DR. Everyday participants are already sponsoring kids at the school, and now we’re going back to serve.
Please pray for Holly, Mike, Bart and Larry as they prepare for this trip. Pray they are full of the Spirit and wisdom as they serve the school. Pray for safe travel, that the funds come together, and the trip is a blessing to the school and Everyday Church.
As God blesses us, may we bless the world.
We’re engaged in meaningful, inspiring work in the Dominican Republic. Come learn about the hundreds of children who attend Vision Trust’s school in Herrerra, a very poor district of the Capitol, and how we partner with them. Pray with the four Everyday participants (Larry, Holly, Mike, and Bart) who are traveling to serve there this August 7-12.
When: July 26, 10a-12p
Where: The Bennett’s Apartment
Directions & Info: Contact Larry, 646-290-7779; firstname.lastname@example.org
The young ladies of Everyday Youth Group are producing a fashion show to benefit Nomi Network, an organization we regularly partner with to fight human trafficking, May 25th following our teaching service.
Contribute your gently worn, fashionable clothes on Sundays at Teaching Services. On May 25, Everyday youth will model and sell donated items. All proceeds go to Nomi Network!
The Global Outreach Team is hosting a get together to fill us in on their recent trip to the Dominican Republic and our developing partnerships there. Meet the team in a relaxed setting and learn more about what our church is up to. If you’d like to get more involved– by sponsoring a child or going on a trip yourself– this is a great place to start.
When: Saturday March 8th, 7pm
Where: Larry & Wendy Bennett’s place (1795 Riverside Dr 6A)
More Info: Contact Us